For golfing fans worldwide, there’s a lot of tournaments that you can watch from the comfort of your home. While there are weekly events to keep you occupied, there are annual golfing events that should not be missed. These are the events that make history and create champions.
Top 10 golfing events
- The Masters: This is tournament is the highlight of the golfing season. It’s famous for its impeccable greens and steep hills – not to mention the history of the Augusta National Golf Club.
- AT&T Pebble Beach National Pro-Am: This is one of the most picturesque settings for a golf tournament. In fact, the par 3 seventh hole is the most photographed hole in the world.
- S. Open: This is the oldest golf championship in America. The challenging course has seen even the best golfers struggle, making this the place where many careers are made.
- British Open: The notorious gloomy weather of the United Kingdom makes this course incredibly unpredictable.
- The Players Championship: This course was designed as a tribute to Pete Dye. The Stadium Course is home to the 17th hole that’s homed on an island green, making this course as difficult as it is beautiful.
- The Memorial Tournament: Muirfield Village Golf Club was built by Jack Nicklaus, and true to his style, it features slights and fades to keep even the best golfer on their toes.
- Farmers Insurance Open: This resort course provides impressive views of the Pacific Ocean and even features holes along the cliffs.
- AT&T National: This annual event was established by none other than Tiger Woods and takes place at the Congressional Country Club. It takes place on the Fourth of July weekend and has a military theme.
- Hyundai Tournament of Champions: This tournament takes place in Hawaii, need I say more? The hilly course and wide fairways make it quite the experience. Most golfers enjoy this course and excel year on year. Its famous 18th hole at the top of the hill has become synonymous with the tournament.
- Wells Fargo Championship: Formerly the Wachovia Championship, this tournament and its course is a must-see for golf lovers. The last three holes on the course are incredibly challenging and dangerous, making it all the more alluring.
The Courses Tell A Story
Each annual event has its own unique course that’s packed with history and provides a platform for golfers to push their boundaries and take on some of the most challenging courses available.
For golfers, these courses signify shown far they have come and provided the ultimate bragging rights, while for spectators, the views and anticipation all add to the experience.
If you haven’t watched any of these tournaments yet, do yourself a favour and mark your calendars, you don’t want to miss it again.